I just love my writing group.
I have been attending Write Links for three years now, and over that time, I have:
- learnt more about the art and craft of picture book and middle grade writing
- attended numerous professional development workshops with many established writers in the field
- met the amazing Leigh Hobbs, whose characters my children and I grew up with
- been on a writers’ retreat run by one of the members where I met John Marsden (who was doing a master class) and made friends with Robyn, Debbie, and many other writers
- attended the CYA conference
- pitched to an agent and a publisher at the CYA conference
- made a successful ASA mentorship scholarship application and been being mentored for the last 12 months.
And those are just some of the highlights!
But one of the biggest things I love about my writing group has been the creation of…
View original post 514 more words